Joint contractors' meeting for IEE and INTERREG projects
18-19 May 2011
Engaging with Cities and Regions
On 18-19th May, a joint contractors' meeting was organised by the EACI jointly with the INTERACT secretariat in Viborg. The meeting was held in Brussels and gathered around 117 participants from all over Europe. The participants included beneficiaries from ongoing IEE "Local Action" projects and from DG REGIO's INTERREG projects together with project officers from the two programmes.
ManagEnergy was present at the meeting offering information on the initiative's tools and services.
The key objectives of this joint meeting were:
- Enabling contractors from IEE and INTERREG projects to network and get to know each other
- Facilitating exchange of experiences and lessons learnt between project teams
- Identifying and disseminating good practices from projects to projects
- Exploitation and dissemination of projects' results
- Encouraging collaboration between projects
33 representatives from the Local and Regional Energy Agencies (recently established with IEE funding) , 19 representatives of the 21 "Local Action" IEE projects, 11 representatives from Joint Programme Secretariats, 19 representatives of relevant projects from INTERREG B and C and INTERACT representative, met for one and half days in a mix of plenary sessions and parallel workshops, in order to network and discuss technical topics of interest: energy baselines, SEAP development, SEAP implementation and training for local politicians and technical staff.
Representatives from DG ENER and DG REGIO presented the latest news from a policy perspective, and other relevant initiatives including the Covenant of Mayors, ManagEnergy and ISLE-PACT were also presented.
Positive feedback from the participants confirmed that this exchange will help the project teams, who are keen to benefit from the lessons learnt and to capitalise on synergies, thus delivering faster and with higher impacts.
The joint IEE and INTERREG contractors' meeting is featuring in the latest INTERACT magazine.
Workshop Programme and Presentations
- EU Energy Policy: Addressing the local and regional actors
Roman Doubrava, DG Energy
- Cohesion Policy support for sustainable energy over 2007-2013
Mathieu Fichter, DG Regional Policy
- Intelligent Energy Europe
Damien Cocard, EACI
- Addressing local and regional energy policies in INTERREG IVC
Silke Brocks, IVC Joint Technical Secretariat
- Transnational cooperation supporting cities and regions for improving energy efficiency and making use of renewables energies
Monika Schonerklee-Grasser & Viera Slavikova, JTS Central Europe Programme
- ISLE-PACT Sustainable Energy Action Plans for Islands
Nicolas Ferellec, Isle-Pact Brussels Office
- Covenant of Mayors - A commitment towards Europe’s energy and climate policy
Frédéric Boyer, Covenant of Mayors Office
- ManagEnergy - Supporting sustainable energy actions at the local and regional level
Stefanos Karterakis, ManagEnergy