The aims of EGEC
are to promote the use of geothermal energy, as follows:
- In priority, encouraging R and D in the field of geothermal utilization of the existing resources in Europe and allowing the public at large to access to the R and D results and maximise the utilization of this renewable energy.
- By exercising appropriate actions among European institutions to implement a legal and institutional framework and fiscal instruments allowing geothermal sources to compete with conventional energy systems, and to secure economic support in consideration of the environmental benefits.
- By conducting any activity which is intended to promote the market deployment of geothermal energy in Europe and the export of European geothermal technology, services and equipment to other parts of the world.
- By representing the interests of the European geothermal energy industry and users to governments and international organisations, with a view to improving business conditions for the industry.
- By co-operating with national geothermal associations, and in particular with the International Geothermal Association (IGA) and its European branch, and with any other associations promoting research on and application of renewable energy sources, in order to join forces to achieve successful development and implementation in the field of geothermal energy use throughout Europe, and to foster Inter-European cooperation.
- By disseminating, through publications, meetings, discussions or any other activity the use of geothermal energy, as well as its marketing, and to forward information on products and services to authorities, industry, and the public at large.
- By publicising, at European level, the opinions of researchers, engineers,managers, and any other commentators or proponents on the use of geothermal energy, and bringing them to the attention of governments, national and international organisations, decisionmakers, and the public at large.