A series of videos is now available on the Intelligent Energy - Europe website at: ec.europa.eu/energy/intelligent/library/videos_en.htm
All the videos are available on DVD on request and cover key topics related to local and regional energy action, including Sustainable Communities, Biomass Heating, Energy Efficient Lighting, Cycling, Sustainable Cooling, Biodiesel and Energy Education.
The videos are produced by the Intelligent Energy Executive Agency and are available online or on DVD in the following languages: Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Polski.
- Europe's children learn to fight climate change (2007) More and more schools across Europe offer education on "smart energy" to help young Europeans take an active role for a more energy-intelligent future and to tackle climate change. This video shows how, with the support of the European Union's Intelligent Energy - Europe programme, local experts and teachers run fun and informative classes on energy saving in Slovenia, the UK and Belgium.
- Local biofuel production boosts Europe's green future (2007) IEE-funded projects encourage the local production and the greater use of biodiesel in Bulgaria, Ireland and Spain.
- Sustainable cooling helps fight global warming (2007) Replacing air conditioning systems with more efficient systems and achieve better building designs in Belgium, Germany and Portugal.
- European cities promote cycling (2008) Bucharest (Romania), Bolzano (Italy) and Bromley (UK) help promote the bicycle as an alternative to polluting transport and to make cyclists' lives easier.
- Making the switch - Promoting Energy Efficient Lighting in the EU (2008) People in Czech Republic, Sweden and Belgium "make the switch" to modern, efficient lighting systems and create new business opportunities.
- Fuelling the future - Promoting Biomass Heating in the European Union (2008) Development and use of modern district and individual domestic heating systems using biomass in Lithuania, Slovenia, and France.
- Local communities for sustainable energy in Europe (2008) Public communication campaigns organised in Heidelberg (Germany) and Dunkerque (France) encourage citizens to play their part in sustainable energy use.