What is ManagEnergy?
ManagEnergy is a technical support initiative of the Intelligent Energy - Europe (IEE) programme of the European Commission which aims to assist actors from the public sector and their advisers working on energy efficiency and renewable energy at the local and regional level. More specifically, the initiative is targeted at:
- Local and regional energy agencies
- Local and regional public authority energy specialists
- Urban planners and elected officials (municipal, provincial and regional), especially signatories to the Covenant of Mayors (www.eumayors.eu).
- Other local and regional organizations with a public mission that are working on sustainable energy
The ManagEnergy initiative includes:
- The ManagEnergy website, which offers databases on case studies and good practices as well as a directory of energy agencies
- Information on relevant European policy and legislation
- Electronic newsletters
- Capacity building workshops
- Other networking facilities, such as online events, an Annual Conference and awards
The website includes a partner search system containing some 4000 organisations, including almost 475 energy agencies, which can provide valuable expertise and partnerships on energy initiatives at local and regional levels. For more information, please register on the ManagEnergy website and receive the ManagEnergy newsletter.
The KidsCorner section provides educational resources for children (under 11), young adults (12-16) and their teachers in 27 languages. This section includes the new ManagEnergy Database of Energy Education Resources, encompassing vocational training in the Sustainable Energy field (coming soon).
As part of a continuing effort to meet the growing need of our users, the services of ManagEnergy and its website are being enhanced with improvements in navigation and access to information.