40 young professionals and researchers under 35 (born after 1987) are invited to find new ideas for the local energy transition in an event of collaborative thinking. Costs for accommodation, meals and the event programme will be covered by the organisers.
What is the International Clean Energy Challenge?
An event for young professionals where they can:
- Tackle real-life challenges for the local energy transition in interdisciplinary teams
- Meet other young innovators from all over the world. Build up your peer network!
- Benefit from professional mentoring and training
- Be inspired for new ways of thinking about the energy transition and climate neutrality!
- Win an award for the best project!
- Spend an unforgettable week with like-minded people in the beautiful Austrian Alps. Experience Austrian hospitality and enjoy an exciting mixture of workshops and leisure activities.
Who can apply?
Bright young thinkers from all disciplines (business, engineering, economics, social sciences, law, arts etc.) and from all over the world!
- Minimum work experience of 3 years or undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor)
- Strong interest in the clean energy transition
- Good knowledge of English
- Born after 1987
When and where does it take place?
24 – 28 July 2023 in Spital am Pyhrn, Upper Austria
The region of Upper Austria is a European leader in the energy transition and an ideal location for this event: Greenhouse gas emissions from buildings were reduced by 36 % in the last decade. Renewable energy already supplies 32 % of all primary energy and 68 % of all space heating. The meeting will be held in the landmark building of a former monastery, surrounded by the panorama of the Austrian Alps. The "Pyhrn-Priel Holiday Region" is characterised by a picturesque scenery of alpine pastures and lovely villages.
How to participate?
- Complete the online application form at www.wsed.at/international-clean-energy-challenge-2023 by 14 April 2023.
- The organisers will select around 40 young innovators based on the quality of their applications.
- Plan your trip! The organisers will cover costs for accommodation, meals and the programme during your stay in Austria.
- Participants will receive a certificate of participation.
The event is held by the Energy Agency of Upper Austria, OÖ Energiesparverband, the organiser of the international conference World Sustainable Energy Days.
For more details and information, visit the website www.wsed.at/international-clean-energy-challenge-2023. For further questions please contact the OÖ Energiesparverband (T: +43-732-7720-14386, email@example.com).